Okay, so there's no excuse why it's taken me over two weeks to blog about the most exciting event in Ava's life so far other than the fact that I've returned to work, got a new job, and went away for a weekend...well maybe there are a few excuses, but no good ones!!
Ava turned one year old on June 4th. We celebrated the special occasion with a small party at our house the weekend before. Both sets of grandparents were there along with Ava's best friend Alexa (who'll be turning one later this month!!) and my friend Kari (Alexa's mom). We decorated the house with lots of pink and purple streamers and balloons to go along with the "princess" theme. On the afternoon of the party once all the guests arrived we let the babies play for a bit. The cutest thing was when Ava went over to Alexa, kissed her and started playing Pat-a-Cake with her like she does with her dolls!! After a bit, I helped Ava open up all of her gifts...she was one lucky birthday girl!!! Then we enjoyed a BBQ and the two-tiered castle cake that my mom baked.
It was a wonderful day celebrating a wonderful little girl! JP and I are so proud to be her parents and we've enjoyed this past year immensely. Ava is the best thing that's ever happened to us and we really feel blessed to have her in our lives. We were so glad that we could share it with the important people in her life and I'm glad that I can share some pictures and video with everyone else who loves her too! 


No comments:
Post a Comment