Friday, July 17, 2009

Ava gets her Ears Pierced!

I'd been dying to get Ava's ears pierced for the last few months, but JP insisted that we wait until she was at least 1 year old. So, on one July afternoon my mom and I took Ava to the mall to get it done before he had a chance to change his mind!!! I called Nicole to let her know and she came with us to capture the big event with her camera.
Let me just say, first of all, that it's a lot trickier to find someone who will actually pierce baby's ears. I checked online and in the phonebook but when searching for "ear piercing" places all I kept getting was tattoo parlors....not exactly what I had in mind! I could just imagine Ava's expression when some guy with snake tattoos all over his arms came at her with a piercing gun in his hand!! Once I spoke with the manager at People's jewelry store and set things up with her I felt a lot more confident that this would go okay.
We arrived later on that afternoon with Ava safely strapped into her stroller, holding her precious Baby for comfort, and I picked out an adorable pair of white gold "diamond" studs for the little princess. After signing a consent form and receiving instructions for after care I high-tailed it out of there before Ava could see the tears starting to form in my eyes. I wanted to get this done, but I was too afraid of seeing her upset...I do the same thing when she gets her needles at the doctor's office (yeah, I know...I'm a great support system for her!!!).
So, according to Nanny and Aunt Nicole Ava did exceptionally well and didn't even cry when the first earring went in. She wasn't too keen on having random strangers touching her though so the second one was a bit trickier. Luckily, she was distracted enough with a cell phone that they were able to finish up quickly. We celebrated the event with a smoothie at Pete's Frootique! I was so glad that we did it and I think she looks just precious!! It's been a few weeks and she doesn't even seem to know that they're there. We clean them every day and so far no infections. Here are a few pictures for everyone to enjoy! Remember: CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO MAKE THEM LARGER!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment