Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Canada Day!

It's been a tradition of ours since JP and I first started dating to spend the afternoon in Halifax on Canada Day. We always go to Public Gardens and then head down Spring Garden Road for some "Bud the Spud" and ice cream. This year I wasn't really sure if the weather would cooperate, but luckily we got to squeeze in a couple hours before the rain started up again. Ava LOVED being in the city and I didn't realize how sheltered she is by living "in the woods" as I like to put it. While we were walking towards the Gardens she just kept looking all around at all of the people, totally mesmerized. A bus drove by and I think she nearly jumped right out of her stroller!!! :) Anyways, we had a great visit with the ducks, listened to some music, enjoyed some fries, then headed back to Beaver Bank.


We went to a BBQ later on in the day hosted by our friends Ryan and Krysta. Unfortunately, there are no pictures of that since Ava was into EVERYTHING...JP and I had to take turns sitting down after chasing her around the house and backyard. Our friends Maggie and Stuart were there with their 3 month old baby and Ava was insistent upon climbing into her car seat with her and kept exclaiming, "Baby! Baby!" Luckily Nanny came by to pick her up to take her home and JP and I were able to enjoy some good times with our awesome friends. Happy Birthday Canada!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment